S.M.S "Prinz-Regent Luitpold" - Postcard 1913-18
This Kaiser class battleship along with her sister ships was assigned to the 3rd Battleship Squadron and served in the
High Seas Fleet of the German Imperial Navy during the First World War.
She was named for Prince Regent Luitpold of Bavaria, who died a few months
after the ship was commissioned. Luitpold was the first
German battleship to feature a marine diesel-engine on the center shaft.
Sailors on this ship participated in the German Revolution. She fought at the
Battle of Jutland, firing 169 12-inch rounds and suffering no damage.
She was interned at Scapa Flow and scuttled with the rest of the fleet
on 21 June 1919. The wreck was raised in 1931 and broken up at Rosyth
Historical information sourced from Wikipedia.
Archaic Archives also supports this site:
British Prisoner of War - Dog tag found in Comino worn by one of the German Prisoners of War kept there during the first world war (1914-18)